[Adonthell-general] Adonthell Scripting Guide

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell Scripting Guide
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:37:35 +0100

I propose that we start with another piece of documentation: a guide for
writing all those scripts we need. If people really plan to make their
own games or mods of our games, they'll need to know how the scripts
work, how they need to look like and such.

Of course they could read the existing scripts (and they should do so),
but the basic/important things should be available as documentation.

So what would be part of such a scripting guide:

* Character scripts, like the schedules but probably the actual
  character class as well.

* Item scripts.

* In-dialogue scripting.

* The game's init script.

* Maybe a few words about writing GUIs.

I'll start on the item chapter, as long as memory of them is still
fresh.