Re: [Adonthell-general] Meeting in France

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Meeting in France
Date: 23 Feb 2003 18:09:13 +0100

Some fresh news about the meeting! Some issues, actually.

The biggest problem is that so far I've been unable to find a place
where we could crash. Life in Paris is very expensive (including food),
and there is the price of the trip to take into account as well. So even
if we find a relatively "cheap" place, Jol and I make the estimation
that we'd have to count for at least 200 euros per person if we only
stay 3 or 4 days. Not counting the trip. I find that a lot expensive,
especially compared to our previous meetings where we've always been
able to find a more-than-cheap solution.

So I'm hesitating, of course it would be great to make the contest, but
we wanted to plan another meeting during summer (bigger, longer, better!
:)) that would be much more affordable. If we were able to have a free
accomodation, that'd be ok I guess. But as soon as you get your wallet
out in Paris, you don't put it back until it's empty... :(

What are your thoughts? I'm clearly embarrassed about this situation...
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org