Re: [Adonthell-general] Meeting in France

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Meeting in France
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:13:55 +0000

Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Some fresh news about the meeting! Some issues, actually.
>
> The biggest problem is that so far I've been unable to find a place
> where we could crash. Life in Paris is very expensive (including food),
> and there is the price of the trip to take into account as well. So even
> if we find a relatively "cheap" place, Jol and I make the estimation
> that we'd have to count for at least 200 euros per person if we only
> stay 3 or 4 days. Not counting the trip. I find that a lot expensive,
> especially compared to our previous meetings where we've always been
> able to find a more-than-cheap solution.
>
> So I'm hesitating, of course it would be great to make the contest, but
> we wanted to plan another meeting during summer (bigger, longer, better!
> :)) that would be much more affordable. If we were able to have a free
> accomodation, that'd be ok I guess. But as soon as you get your wallet
> out in Paris, you don't put it back until it's empty... :(
>
> What are your thoughts? I'm clearly embarrassed about this situation...

I understand - don't be embarrassed! It's not ur fault paris is
expensive! :)

I'm afraid 200Euros might be a bit much for me for 3-4 days. But wasn't
there an internet party? Where's that being held - coz if it's a big
hall or camping site or something we could just live there for free :)

        -James

--

         Reg. Linux User #148821
    http://event-horizon.kicks-ass.net/