Re: [aspell] [Q] Copyright and International dictionaries...

From: Togan Muftuoglu
Subject: Re: [aspell] [Q] Copyright and International dictionaries...
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:23:40 +0200

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>  There is also the issue of the amount
> of space the wordlists take up and if the soundlike look up should be
> disabled.  I suggest you browse the Aspell mailing list archive as much a
> lot of these issues have already been discussed on this mailing list when
> the RedHat 7.0 packages were being created.

I just checked the archieves and could not find a specific email where
the number words have been discussed except where there is an comparison
of polish dictionary and english dictionary. (since they are not
searcheable could be in a place where I could not see)

The project has a site at http://turkce.sourceforge.net I have now 80376
words in the Turkish dictionary and the expected ending dictionrty is
somewhere between 250000 to 400000. The point I miss is what is the
concern with the number of words other than the space. Could you
eloborate on this more please

TIA

--
Togan Muftuoglu