[Aspell-user] newbie-how do I install the program

From: Gary Setter
Subject: [Aspell-user] newbie-how do I install the program
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:11:07 -0500

<yourpost>
I am running windows ME and have downloaded the gnu aspell
program. It is in the winzip archives at the moment, and I don't
know how to run it or where to install it or how to access it
once it's installed. I want to use it in place of the spell
checker in microsoft outlook, which produces an error message
every time I compose a message. Can anyone help?
</yourpost>
Hi Arlette,

First, I'm going to repeat what I send to Mr. Furmanek

Since aspell is open source, other developers like myself are
allowed to adapt it to suit their needs, with restrictions. I did
that with my diary project which is a Windows program :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary/

There are two releases, both have the adapted source for the
aspell library.

Note that this project is in alpha and that you should bring any
problem you have to myself, since this is not a part of the
aspell project.

I have been submitting patches to make aspell portable and I hope
that with the next release, will be no need for a separate
Windows source.

Best regards,
Gary Setter

Second, I've only been distributing my modified aspell as source.
Is that a problem? Windows programs tend to have better binary
compatibility then Unix which was the motivation for a lot of
source distribution. That's not my reason. I just believe in Open
Source and that compiling programs your self is part of the deal.
If that is a problem, I'd like to hear about it.

Remember, you're not suppose to be a passenger on this project,
you're part of the crew.
Regards,
Gary Setter
BTW I've asked to be a part of this mailing list, but have not
been accepted and have not receive a reason for rejection. I hope
to get out of limbo.
Gary