RE: [Aspell-user] newbie-how do I install the program

From: Gary Setter
Subject: RE: [Aspell-user] newbie-how do I install the program
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:52:51 -0500

From:  Frank Buzin
Date:  Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:10:18 -0400

---------------
<snip>

Sounds like good reasoning... until you think about the fact that
this is a user list that likely has many members (at least the
Win32 ones) that do not have the required tools to accomplish the
compilation task... especially if your build is a MS VC++ one.
That said I have for the past week been modifying like mad the
source for my many special needs, so thanks for sharing your
modified source! :-)

Frank

Hi Frank,
I'm sorry, I should have including in my notes how to get a free
(as in beer) c++ compiler. You may use Borland's BCB5.5 command
line tools. You do have to adjust the config files and run make,
but I'm sure most users will be able to handle it.

Here is the link to the compiler.
http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_cbuilder.html you want
the 5.5 compiler. You will need to register as a new user.
Read the readme.txt that comes with the tools. You need to adjust
the config files to indicate where the include and lib
directories are.

Extract the source files in descdatadiary_0_3_0.zip.
Edit the bc.mak file. You will need to modify the last section to
indicate where the include directory for BCB5.5 is. Change the
following line:
-IC:\BC55\INCLUDE
Change "C:\BC55\INCLUDE" to the actual include directory.
Run the make program from the bcb bin directory with command line
arguments "-f bc.mak". In my case the command is
c:\bc55\bin\make -f bc.mak
The result is diary2.exe.

I hope that the next version of aspell is platform independent
and we can start distributing binaries.
Regards,
Gary Setter