[Aspell-user] Problems with Arabic.

From: Mohammed Sameer
Subject: [Aspell-user] Problems with Arabic.
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 03:15:27 +0200

Hi,

I've created a simple wordlist for Arabic.
It contains +40,000 just to test aspell and Arabic.

Looks like everything is fine with aspell from the command line, But when using
abiword
or any other graphical tools to generate the suggestions, I find that the
suggestions
are Latin letters not Arabic words.

I had to encode the files in ISO 8859-6 as aspell didn't accept UTF-8 for the
data files.
I think this might be the source of the problem but I can't be sure.

Now my question is: How can I force the output from libaspell to be UTF-8 ?
I tried the "data-encoding utf-8" in the ar.dat file but it didn't work.

Here's my .dat file

name ar
charset iso-8859-6
data-encoding utf-8