Re: [Fwd: Re: [Aspell-user] western european languages]

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Aspell-user] western european languages]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:01:58 +0200

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 02:48:14PM +0200, bnj wrote:
> What is the difference between
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} and
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> ?
>
> I do not see the difference. Neither when compiling with latex (still
> compiles fine), nor when spell-checking with aspell (still does not work)

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} deals with the encoding of the file you are
typing and how LaTeX will read it

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc} deals with LaTeX fonts encoding

> Same question as before: Is there a way to specify the encoding to aspell?

As others wrote, specify a default in your aspell.conf if current one does
not fit. If you want afterwards to use a different encoding, try (e.g., for
utf-8)

aspell aspell_options_and_file_names  --encoding=utf-8

--
Agustin