Re: [Aspell-user] Wannabe dict mantainer

From: Ethan Bradford
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Wannabe dict mantainer
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:27:56 -0800

(Note, I'm just somebody who has also done a database, not any sort of authority.)

It sounds to me like the old Portuguese is abandoned, so it's good you're taking it over.  If you can't get another source for pt_PT, you might try merging the old pt_PT with your new pt_BR, or maybe better yet, do a diff on the old pt_PT and pt_BR and apply that diff to your pt_BR.

For either product, you'll want to come up with some tests to confirm that you got an improvement, of course.

On hosting, you'll need some way to get your zip file to Kevin Atkinson.  If it's too large to email, then you'll need a web site to make it availble from.  For me, it worked out to be easiest to create an SF account for that.  (You might also try Google Code Hosting, which is intended to be more reliable -- it wasn't avaialble when I worked on Arabic.)  If you have any sources which are necessary for regenerating your word lists, you'll need a repository outside of Aspell, anyhow.