Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell dictionaries for Mac OSX

From: Jim Ereaux
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell dictionaries for Mac OSX
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:59:57 -0700

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the offer and information.

I found some info at:

        http://docs.moodle.org/en/Configuring_aspell_on_Mac_OS_X

that explains how to install a Darwin port of Aspell on Mac OSX. I'll do some more research.

The tribal culture committees are very cautious about distribution of language materials as some materials have been misused in the past. Although the dictionaries will be free, as with the fonts and keyboards I created, they generally limit distribution to tribal organizations and individuals. I'll need to set up a system for them to generate the dictionaries themselves as they are still working with linguists to refine a number of words.

Fred