ayttm-devel

[Ayttm-devel] Re: Problem with CVS repository for web pages

From: Tahir Hashmi
Subject: [Ayttm-devel] Re: Problem with CVS repository for web pages
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:04:38 +0530

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:10:51 +0100
Colin Leroy wrote:

> On 23 Mar 2003 at 12h29, Tahir Hashmi wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I added a new file "features.shtml" to the CVS repository for web
>
> Just looked at it and there are a few issues :

Which is exactly the reason why the link was not provided from the
other pages :-)

> #  IRC (Internet Relay Chat) support
> #  ICQ support
>
> I think they're both broken (well icq works via aim-toc but that's ugly)

Subsequent to your other message, should I keep these points as they are?

> #  File Transfers from/to MSN and Yahoo! users, and recieve only from AIM
>   users
> recieve -> receive ;-)

OK

> #  Group Chat (Conferences) with MSN and Yahoo! users
> Also works with AIM and Jabber, according to the source at least
>
> Where's the new "MSN Netmeeting integration via Gnomemeeting" ? ;-))

Yes, I had heard of it but I didn't know much about it since I don't
even know of MSN's Netmeeting feature!

> #  Multi-threaded File Transfer between Ayttm and EveryBuddy clients
>
> What do you mean by multi-threaded?

Uh, the feature page on EB's site said something like "Threaded File
Transfers". I guess you can call your app multi-threaded even if you
have just one extra thread running ;-)

> Anyway it doesn't work between ayttm and everybuddy, only between
> different ayttm users, because everybuddy used a braindead port (82599
> which is greater than 65535, which means that such a port doesn't exist,
> so behaviour in this case is undefined depending on your
> arch/os/endianness etc), so i had to change it to an existing one (45678).

OK, I'll make all these changes but only after the CVS thing is fixed
since it doesn't make much sense doing it earlier anyway.

--
Tahir Hashmi
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/tahir