Re: [Beaver-devel] Closing tabs

From: t.heinzen
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Closing tabs
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:33:47 +0100

Well I have now worked on some bugs and pieces. Especially
those segfaults you have mentioned. I was not really able
to reproduce the errors so I kept digging.

This is what I found out: The Makefile on the cvs
repository is another one to mine I use locally. I look at
it and saw that the cvs Makefile uses "-g3" for debugging
symbols. Some research later I found out that there is a
possible optimisation bug

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2000-01/msg00444.html

The segfaults are probably an effect of this bug. Can you
test if the segfaults still occur if you change "-g3" to
"-pg -ggdb"?

Greets
Tobias