bontz-team

Re: [Bontz-team] maya

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: Re: [Bontz-team] maya
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

'tis a step forward, certainly.  Maya's got some very
nice capabilities, some of which blender has, some
which it doesn't.  It looks like they've only released
the windows and mac versions, which is bizarre because
most big studios that use maya use it on linux.

Anyway, I'll definitely keep my eye on that, though
the range of things blender does is actually wider,
and I prefer its interface.  Also I'm such a zealot
when it comes to open-source that getting me to use a
closed app is difficult  :^)