[emms-help] Re: I dislike C

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] Re: I dislike C
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 00:35:02 +0200

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> While preparing the release of emms2 I noticed that
> emms-print-metadata segfaults when given an inexistent
> file as argument.  I refuse to release such software.

Another problem with emms-print-metadata.c is that it
doesn't seem to say anything about its own license.  It says
that ``GNU Emacs is free software'', but, --- as far as I
can see, --- the file is not actually part of GNU Emacs.

I actually thought about this the other day when I
considered borrowing it.

Since Jorgen has already done the complaining, maybe I get
to play nice guy and say thanks for writing it, Trent. :-)
It does its job (however poorly), and I can't find any
standard TagLib command-line tool.

> But I forced myself to touch C again to fix this problem.

Pun intended?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>

   ``For any given feature, I don't care much about the
     people who find it useless --- I care more about
     the people who find it useful.'' --- Larry Wall