Re: [emms-help] emms + last.fm?

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms + last.fm?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:06:14 +0300

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The first is that without threading, you would have to let Emacs hang
>> when connecting to the server at the beginning of each song. This may be
>> a problem if there is something wrong with the connection.
>
> Emacs can do non-blocking connects, so this can be circumvented.

I do non-blocking connects in emms-stream-info.el, with asynchronous
replies and it might not be good enough. You might not block while
waiting for an answer, but if sending your information in the first
place hangs, there might be awkward pauses.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong. After all, emms-stream-info.el does
basically work.