[emms-help] Re: emms + last.fm?

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms + last.fm?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:43:01 -0400

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:

> Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> The first is that without threading, you would have to let Emacs hang
>>> when connecting to the server at the beginning of each song. This may be
>>> a problem if there is something wrong with the connection.
>>
>> Emacs can do non-blocking connects, so this can be circumvented.
>
> I do non-blocking connects in emms-stream-info.el, with asynchronous
> replies and it might not be good enough. You might not block while
> waiting for an answer, but if sending your information in the first
> place hangs, there might be awkward pauses.
>
> I'd be glad to be proven wrong. After all, emms-stream-info.el does
> basically work.

I wonder if I should abstract some of the transaction queue stuff I
modified from tq.el (currently integrated into emms-player-mpd.el) and
turn it into emms-tq.el.  It seems like it would be useful in this
context.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net