[emms-help] Re: emms + last.fm?

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms + last.fm?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:26:28 -0400

Magnus Henoch <address@hidden> writes:

> John Sullivan <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Magnus Henoch <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Can emms send information to last.fm somehow?  I can't find any
>>> such module; I'm slightly tempted to write one myself, but I'd like
>>> to hear if something like this has been done already before
>>> starting.
>>>

>> Is this really worth it? Several players have last.fm reporters. It
>> seems best to let the player handle it.
>
> I use EMMS with mpg321 and ogg123, so for me it's quite worth it.
> EMMS is the only music player I need, so to speak...

Oh, seems I was mistaken about what the last.fm proxy does anyway.

But, it looks like this proxy could be helpful for enabling emms to play
the stream _from_ last.fm.

An emms tool to talk to this proxy in order to record preferences (love it, ban
it, etc.) would be very cool;

-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net
-GPG Key: AE8600B6