fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Science Writing Competition

From: Kevin
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Science Writing Competition
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:38:57 +0200

Hi Mark
I thought I had sent you news of this when I first heard about it. If I didn't,
then I sincerely apologise - it could have been one of many emails that I had
on my to do list and didn't do yet!
Anyway, I vote collaboration - though there may be some politics involved.
Ok, between the last line and this one I called around and spoke to the lady in
charge of SAASTA's compettition - Ena Roos (012 392 9317) - and gave her a
quick run down on FHSST and stuff and got her quite excited about things. Their
deadline is the end of May! However, we spoke about having access to the entries
and she says that they intend to use the winning entries to publish in one of
the big newspapers - she wasn't sure about any copyrights or ownership by
SAASTA. Anyway I asked if we could have the database of entries and authors so
that we could contact them personally and ask for their contributions for our
use and she said that would be totally cool. Thought perhaps we could contact
all entrants and ask them to modify old/send new stuff?
Ok, I gotta run - big experiment on the go.
chat soon
kg