fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Science Writing Competition

From: Vanessa McBride
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Science Writing Competition
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:58:55 +0100

Hi Everyone

Unless I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick, I thought the objectives of
the two
competitions were very different:

FHSST competition
-aims to provide content for a textbook for in depth education of young people
-content will include equations
-worked examples and lots of repetition to get the concepts across

SAASTA competition
-aims to entertain as well as educate readers of the Saturday Star
-will probably not have equations!
-more emphasis on generating public interest rather than in-depth understanding

Based on this, I don't think it will be a good idea to merge the competitions.
However, SAASTA
entries - if we can get hold of them like Kevin suggests - will probably
provide valuable input for
the "essays" in FHSST.

Take care,
Vanessa