Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth~

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth~
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:24:18 +0100

Frank Barknecht wrote:
Hallo,

(continued) ...a fluid~ object for Max is in existance for almost a
year. [...]

The only problem is: I don't run Mac nor Max, so I could not provide a
Max binary.

[...] I'm dependent on outside help with this. But
maybe we could joins forces here?

Having binary versions would be nice. Are you sure no one has
compiled it yet for Mac or Max?

fluid~ currently is rather basic. I
deliberatly omitted several special features like the internal
effects, because I think, that these aren't really necessary in
environments like Max and Pd, but of course this could changed.

I think those features are interesting to have. Several people
told me they produced nice effects by modulating the generators
directly.

So, what now? ;)

I'm not directly concerned but having two projects isn't necessarily
bad. However, it would be good if both objects use the same messages so
they are compatible.

Ciao,

ciao