Re: [fluid-dev] Feature request: JACK MIDI

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Feature request: JACK MIDI
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:10:14 -0500

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 20:15 +0100, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:

> For several instances of FluidSynth, we can add the setting "midi.portname"
> (-p) to the CoreMIDI driver, and also a new setting "midi.coremidi.id" with
> the same functionality of "midi.alsa_seq.id"

Pedro

That sounds good. I am all for it.

I am still in favor of JACK MIDI. As you mentioned in your previous
post, since most of the backends of JACK MIDI are already implemented in
fluidsynth, to add JACK MIDI functionality should not be much of an
effort. In theory, since JACK MIDI should guarantee virtually no latency
between audio and MIDI, this can only be an improvement in performance
with the additional option of another MIDI driver.

Thoughts?