Re: XG programChange -- Was: Re: [fluid-dev]

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: XG programChange -- Was: Re: [fluid-dev]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:32:32 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:32:41 +0100
> From: Peter Gebauer <address@hidden>
>
> Hi again, Jimmy!
>
> It's hard to search for these things, 99% of the hits
> are online stores
> selling Yamaha products. In any case, the midi events
> logged contain just
> one program change event, the rest are control changes and
> system
> exclusives.
> I really don't know why they aren't simply sending
> one program change,
> I cannot make any sense of what it sends now. Maybe I can
> force it into
> GM only mode.
>
> /Peter

Peter,

You mean searching for the Yamaha manuals?  If I forget where to start, I
normally goto yamaha.com, look around for musical instrument, keyboard area,
then browse around for manual library.

Anyway here are the links to the yamaha manual library, pdf format:

   www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.php

text format:

   http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/text/

The P-85 does seem to have a data list, but only show up on the PDF search, no
text format:

   http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/cla/p85_en_dl_a0.pdf

Jimmy