Re: [fluid-dev] Soundfonts and their licensing

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Soundfonts and their licensing
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:51:46 +0100

S. Christian Collins escrigué:
David,

What do I need to do to make the GeneralUser GS license comply with Debian's Free Software Guidelines? I believe GeneralUser's only restrictions currently are to prevent people from selling the work (since it's available for free) and to keep others from claiming the work as their own. If there is a good existing license I could put it under that would make it gel with other OSS projects, then I'm all ears. I love Linux, and I would love for my work to be able to be included with distros & other projects if so desired.

-~Chris

Being able to redistribute it without restrictions is definitely necessary, so I guess the restriction to sell it should go away. Not having complete ownership information for all samples might be also a problem.

Best regards.

--
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó