Re: [fluid-dev] LADSPA refactor branch

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] LADSPA refactor branch
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 00:47:47 +0100

Hi JJC,

A) I was wondering if a LADSPA library exists for Windows OS ?.

LADSPA is not really a library. It's a single header file: http://ladspa.org/ladspa_sdk/ladspa.h.txt. So all you have to do to enable LADSPA support on Windows is to copy this header file somewhere where cmake and your compiler can find it (I used the VC include dir in C:\Program Files..., but there is probably a better way to do that).

And with the latest code in the ladspa branch, you don't even have to enable it at compile time. If the header is found, LADSPA support is available.

C) Assuming the build for Windows compile with success:

- c1) At execution time, how externals plugings (for windows) could be found and loaded compared to the usual way on Linux ?.

You just give a Windows-style path to the plugin. So instead of:

    ladspa_effect e1 /usr/lib/ladspa/delay.so

you use:

    ladspa_effect e1 C:\\path\\to\\ladspa\\delay.dll

All other commands and params can stay the same.

- c2) Does new LADSPA plugings for Windows could be build  the usual way on Linux (even this question is a bit out the scope) ?

Kjetil has recently posted a link to his brilliant tool to cross-compile many LADSPA plugins, including Win32 and Win64. I've used his scripts to compile some plugins and have used them with success on my Windows 10 box.

Here's the link again:
https://github.com/kmatheussen/common-ladspa-plugins

Cheers,

    Marcus