gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Homepage update

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Homepage update
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:01:42 +0100

Magnus Stålnacke wrote:

I have also been thinking around those text files in the
source tree, like /doc/keys.txt. I can make a page that
"imports" the text from cvs at the client side with an inline
frame. What do you all think about that? There are some issues
with inline frames, but in this case i do not think it will hurt,
most people do use modern browsers that can handle those.

Now i have done the above, please try it.

It is not an iframe, since those are not allowed in
html 4.01 Strict, insted i made it as an "object",
that is allowed in Strict versions of both html and xhtml.

This way the text is allways as up to date as the file
in CVS. My Mozilla do have some issues with wheel scrolling
and printing (at least the print preview - i am out of ink),
but it is not a big problem, i can live with it.
Please try it with your browsers.

(i have just committed the change, so if you are fast changes
have not come to effect yet, Savanah can take some time)