gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Simple mimetype editor

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Simple mimetype editor
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 03:57:27 +0200

Magnus Stålnacke <address@hidden>:

> Should work in latest 0.7.8 version now.

Much better now :)

Well it still appends the (duplicated) lines
Applications]
video/3gpp=vlc-usercreated.desktop

in the mimeinfo file. (I just note the header is the same as in the defaults
file)

> Are you running the gnome-settings-daemon?
> It may be using it, i do not know (i do not use that).

Yes it's running here (my custom autostart plug) - a good guess.
But maybe it's just gnome-vfs which reads that file ?
The right way to track it would be to show which processes access this certain
file.
There must be a tool. But not lsof, i think.