guix-devel

Re: how to fix state-broken affected user services? (Re: GNOME 3.30: hel

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: how to fix state-broken affected user services? (Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:46:20 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

plz could you confirm what did you deleted to make GNOME run again?
application_state file or the whole directory?

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> please Ricardo could you attach the relevant debug info?
>
> I don’t have any debug info other than what I posted.  I didn’t look at
> the files, but I might be able to recover them from backup.

if it's not too much work on your side, this would be *very* helpful to
others

>> have you seen a related bug report upstream? (this is a seriuos bug,
>> isn't it?)
>
> I haven’t seen any bug reports about this.

having the debugging infos we should issue a bugreport upstream, I can
help if needed (I do not use GNOME but I could setup a VM to reproduce
this bug and report upstream)

thank you!
Gio

P.S.: sorry for the change in the subject line, at first I considered
opening a broather "subthread" concerning the (IMHO harmful) statefulnes
of gnome-shell and similar user *servicies*... but then I changed my mind

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures