guix-devel

Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!

From: L p R n d n
Subject: Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:17:13 +0100

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I had some troubles building webkitgtk.
I started gnome successfully from slim on my usual computer! Good job
everybody!

Most things seem ok but not everything. FYI, I use a custom kernel so
some errors might just be specific to my own config. This is why it
could be nice if someone was able to try to reproduce them (or not :D ).

- I can't change gnome-shell's icons theme (nautilus and the rest are ok).

- With gnome-shell-extensions and extensions activated in gnome-tweaks,
  everything starts to be buggy. Activities menu disappear while still
  being usable. Alt-tab doesn't work anymore.
  Also, if I try to configure an extension, Gnome tends to crash
  completely. (back to slim)
  I don't have any extensions in ~/.local/share/gnome-shell so I suppose
  the trouble comes from the official ones. :/

- When starting some applications, Gnome crash but recovers very
  quickly. (gnome-shell kill signal 6)
  Godot appears to trigger this behavious everytime.

I can't do it right now but i'll try to gather and better document those
errors.

Have a nice day,

Lprndn