Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:43:28 +0200

Le lundi 22 juin 2009 à 11:22 +0200, Joachim Jaeckel a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently have 2 ideas and ... no idea, how to handle it...
>
> 1.) I would like to save a database connection into the session. How
> that would be done is known, but I want to close the connection in the
> case, the session is closed. Does someone know, which method should be
> overwritten in this case?

You should probably subclass Iliad.Session, then use it in the
SessionManager: Iliad.SessionManager sessionClass: MySession

Then in your session subclass, you can add your code in the #expire
method.

> 2.) I want to display an image (picture) to the user, only in the case,
> the user is logged in. And this image is - for security reasons - not
> accessible through a normal http-get. It is saved in another path. To
> achieve this, I think I need access to the session, which means for me,
> I need a class, subclassed from Widget (e.g.). But I currently have no
> idea, how to stream the image-content than to the user...

Unfortunately, there is currently no easy way to do that if your image
isn't in the Public directory. You can have a look at
Core/RequestHandlers/FileHandler.st, but I'll try to provide a better
answer soon.

Cheers!

Nico