Re: postscript printers for lilypond

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: postscript printers for lilypond
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 02:18:00 +0000

I am fortunate to work at a university that regularly puts high-volume office copiers on surplus.  It’s relatively easy to find a high-quality, high-volume printer with postscript that handles A3 duplexing for less than $500.  Is the printer new?  No.  But it’s rated for tens of thousands of copies per month, and I am not likely to use tens of thousands of copies during the several years I have the printer.

It’s larger than most desktop printers, but the paper handling, finishing, and other capacities are exceptional.  I tend to look for Sharp multifunction copiers; we have a fair number of them so they are generally available.  But I do need to make sure that the postscript option is installed – having a service tech install postscript costs more than the printer.

Carl