Re: Frescobaldi slowed down [WAS: Re: Emacs lilypond mode formatting and

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi slowed down [WAS: Re: Emacs lilypond mode formatting and indenting]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 13:10:20 +0100

Am 28.01.19 um 13:06 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
HI Vaughan,

I'm using a pristine clean new Debian 9, Frescobaldi 3, and whatever Python that currently uses of course. This effect hit all of a sudden. The string quartet I have to write in blocks of ten pages to keep Frescobaldi snappy in response, but it just hit the wall. Perhaps a coincidence after an OS update, or perhaps i have just hit some complexity threshold where Frescobaldi goes non-linear. Although not large in length, I am after all engraving New Complexity School scores, and the music is fairly dense with detail.

Just a random thought: is it by any chance possible that you managed to force Frescobaldi into a loop, for example by circular includes?

Urs

Andrew