lout-users

Re: Is Lout a virus spreader?

From: T. Kurt Bond
Subject: Re: Is Lout a virus spreader?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 21:28:43 -0500

>Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 20:22:45 -0500 (EST)
>From: <address@hidden>
>
>I think I can see a way to turn Lout into a virus spreader.
[...]
>Any comments?  Ideas for even nastier things?  Suggestions for what
>should be done about this, if anything?  It would be easy to add a
>command line flag to disable the @Filter feature.  Is that the answer?
>
>Jeff.

I think that adding a flag to disable unsafe features such as @Filter
would be a reasonable idea; I personally think it would be better for
the command line flag to disable unsafe features, rather than enable
them.

I definitely think it would be a bad idea to *remove* such features.

--
T. Kurt Bond, address@hidden