lout-users

Re: Extra space after punctuation marks

From: Ed Frank
Subject: Re: Extra space after punctuation marks
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 96 7:41:50 EST

> - multiple spaces within a sentence should be replaced by a single space.
>
> - The appropriate amount of space between sentence on a line should be
> inserted by Lout automatically.  Just how much is "appropriate" could
> be configurable.  Tastes differ in this regard.

Since this is turning into a vote: I too would like to see white space
handled as Tom describes above.  This issue has come up a number of
times in the past, with the world being divided on what to do.

This leads to a more technical question:  *can* it be done?  Does
anything in the Lout design preclude this behavior?

        -Ed

Ed Frank
address@hidden