lout-users

Re: Lout and Latin-2

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Lout and Latin-2
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:39:46 +0300

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 09:46:31PM +0300, Balazs Nagy wrote:

> just a space is inserted to the place of these characters.  Is this
> correct?

You need "real" Latin2 fonts.  Adobe standard fonts contain some of
Latin2 glyphs, but not all.

Since this question is asked frequenly enough, I guess it's time to
add it to FAQ [Eric, do you still maintain it?].  Let me repeat my
request to Latin2 users - can you please send me a summary of freely
available  Latin2 fonts?

I know about Quasy Palladio and several Antykwa fonts.  ParaType has
Literaturnaya in TeX T1 encoding which, IIRC, comprises alphabet parts
of both Latin1 and Latin2 (unfortunately they use some non-standard
glyph names).

Quasy Palladio can be found on CTAN in fonts/psfonts/polish.
Literaturnaya can be found at ftp://ftp.vsu.ru/pub/tex/literat* (you
need the T1 fonts, there are also IS (ISO8859-5 cyrillic) and TS (misc
punctuation)).

> BTW I cannot create PDF's with other than Helvetica fonts.  Every time
> my Acrobat Reader 4 says 'Bad /BBox in font *'

This is a fancy way of telling you that this font is unknown :-).

Unfortunately, Lout currently doesn't do font embedding in PDF.

SY, Uwe