lout-users

Re: Lout and Latin-2

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Lout and Latin-2
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:49:32 +0300

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 04:52:30PM +0100, rafal polonski wrote:

> > of both Latin1 and Latin2 (unfortunately they use some non-standard
> > glyph names).
>
> Literaturna'ya worked for me writing in polish.

Hungarian double acute vowels have canonical glyphnames: ohungarumlaut
and uhungarumlaut, see Adobe's glyphlist at:

    http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/typeforum/glyphlist.txt

Literaturnaya misnames them as odblacute and udblacute.

> P.S maybe it is worth mentioning about using type42 fonts in Lout?
> I have converted few TTFs and this solution has nice effects.

Unfortunately comp.fonts FAQ by Norm Walsh is no longer
maintained (last update was in 1996).

    http://www.nwalsh.com/comp.fonts/FAQ/

This conversion stuff really belongs there.  People also have to be
aware that not all PS interpreters (e.g. real PS printers) support
Type42 fonts.  It would be a waste of effort to duplicate all this
information in Lout FAQ.

SY, Uwe