lout-users

Re: Lout and Latin-2 + True Type

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Lout and Latin-2 + True Type
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:58:23 +0300

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 04:52:24PM +0000, Mark Summerfield wrote:

> It may be of interest to note that if you have a true type font that
> you wish to use with lout you can convert it to type1 using ttf2pt1
> which is open source available from:
> http://www.netspace.net.au/~mheath/ttf2pt1/

Gee, thanks for the pointer.  I was looking for a free convertor for
quite some time.

I use FontLab which is touted as having the best conversion quality,
especially Type1 -> TTF conversion.  [That was sort of a shameless
commercial, but I'm very grateful to Yuri, FL author, for giving me a
copy free of charge].

SY, Uwe