lout-users

[OT] Vodka et al. (Was: On a programming manual for Lout)

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: [OT] Vodka et al. (Was: On a programming manual for Lout)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 00:56:24 +0400

This is grossly off-topic, so my apologies in advance.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 19:57:36 +0100, Graham Douglas wrote:

> Enjoy your party Uwe. Beer, not Vodka ;-) [not that I subscribe
> to stupid national stereotypes, mind you]. I read that Vodka is
> becoming less popular in Russia and beer is now favoured.
> Is that true?

Not that Vodka is becoming less popular.  Beer is becoming more
popular, but I guess that's because beer is becoming better that it
used to be, say, 10 years ago.

Vodka is fine.  I mean good Vodka.  Chemically purified sh^H^Hstuff
like "Absolute" won't do.  Of brands known in the West I'd recommend
Stoli.  If it doesn't taste "grainy" it's no good, it's chemistry.

Consume in small quantities after a good supper in a small company of
good, trusted friends and you'll be fine.

Sorry for the off-topic, couldn't resist ;-).

SY, Uwe