lout-users

Re: How to with latin2

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: How to with latin2
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:15:02 +0400

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:10:23 +0200, Radek Hnilica wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:08:36AM +0200, Ian Carr-de Avelon wrote:
>
> > > What about latin2 in lout?  Is latin2 fonts a must, or can I use
> > > latin1 fonts for typeseting in latin2?  I want ask, is there some
> > > mechanism which can use latin1 and accents to typeset characters
> > > in latin2?
> >
> > As Uwe wrote, the Czech is supposed to be there, due to the Czech
> > characters having been defined in terms of glyphs. It is a while
> > since I tried, but here bellow is as close as I got to a working
> > Polish test. As I remember including the TimesCE was unexpected
> > for me as the docs seemed to imply that @SysInclude { latin2 }
> > would already select the correct character set.

@SysInclude { latin2 } will just pull in necessary font definitions
for latin2 emulated with Adobe fonts.  You still has to arrange for
@InitiallLanguage and @InitialFont to be set appropriately.

> > @SysInclude { doc }
> > @SysInclude { latin2 }
> > @Doc @Text @Begin
> > { TimesCE Base } @Font {
> > Polish @Language @Date @PP
> > Polish @Language {
> > " POLISH CHARACTERS "
> > }
> > }
> > @End @Text
>
> Nice, it works as test.  But unusable in real world :(.

Below is an exerpt from a paper by Mate^j Cepl that just happened to
be lying around.  Since my mailer will probably strip out latin2, I'll
use ^ for caron, etc.

    # -*- coding: latin-2-dos -*-
    @SysInclude { latin2 }
    @SysInclude { report }

    @Report
      @Title { Spra'va cizi'ho majetku }
      # ...
      @InitialLanguage { Czech }
      @InitialFont { TimesCE Base 11p }
      # ...
    //

    @Section @Title { U'vod }
    @Begin
    # ...

> How can I replace all fonts and modify latin2 to do this?

You don't "replace" all fonts, you define new ones (latin2 do this for
you) and use those.

SY, Uwe