lout-users

Re: Proportional fonts

From: Reimer Behrends
Subject: Re: Proportional fonts
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:52:41 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 07:38:43PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
[...]
> I'm not an HTML expert, but:
>
> "<br/>" is an invalid tag.  It should indeed be just "<br>".

is done this way so that you can switch the doctype to be XHTML
without anything breaking. The downside is that older browsers don't
like it. A quick solution is to simply do a global search and replace
of all occurrences of " />" with ">" in all PHP files. The resulting
HTML will validate as conforming to HTML 4.01 Transitional. (I know
that, because I'm doing it myself.)

                        Reimer Behrends