lout-users

Re: Bitmap images in PDF?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Bitmap images in PDF?
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:13:44 +0200

Hi,

Robert Riebisch <address@hidden> writes:

>> > I do this by converting them to EPS format using ImageMagick...
>>
>> Lout requires EPS graphics.
>
> Sorry, but you all misunderstood! I wish to produce a *PDF* file just
> with Lout. No GhostScript or others. If I include an EPS file using
> @IncludeGraphic, I get: "cannot include EPS file in PDF output; EPS file
> XXX.eps ignored".

I suppose you're using the Lout PDF back-end ("lout -Z").  It's largely
unmaintained and lacks many features, so the recommended way is to
produce PS files and then convert them to PDF with, e.g., Ghostscript's
`ps2pdf'.  That will allow you to convert a PS file that includes EPS
files to PDF.

Hope this helps,
Ludovic.