lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] dhcp_release_and_stop() clears the assigned IP address

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] dhcp_release_and_stop() clears the assigned IP address
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 21:31:20 +0100

Am 13.02.2019 um 21:25 schrieb R. Diez:

Looks like this has already fixed by Jasper Verschueren
when he added the ACD module:
[...]

Thanks for the info.

I would still like to know how to properly configure and/or handle the DHCP
timeout though. I hope your or someone else can help me here.

I can't really follow you there. But than again, I haven't used a setup like you (letting DHCP continue and having a fallback to a static IP). I haven't come accross communication standards requiring this so far. But then again, we have a tool to talk to devices that are set to DHCP but fail to get an address...

By the way, the changes you mentioned above look big and scary, and no new lwIP
version has been released yet. I guess you are not updating older releases with
just small bug fixes like this one, are you?

There *is* a branch for 2.1.x, which is currently a little outdated. Things normally get cherry-picked there and release as bugfix release from tiem to time.

But this one wouldn't have made it there as it was hidden in the ACD change (which won't get merged to the 2.1.x branch). I'll reopen bug #55380 for that back-merge.

Regards,
Simon