Re: LYNX-DEV Update code and patches "RFC" :)

From: Thanh Ma
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Update code and patches "RFC" :)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 15:49:59 -0400 (EDT)

> On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
> > >I'll add in the Makefile updates that just came in for m88k(?) as well.
> >
> >     It should be set up with a separate WWW/Library/foo subdirectory
> > for the objects, and an appropriate Makefile for the library in that, with
> > a name perhaps more generic that m88k.
>
> >From what I looked at the patch, it did just that.  The patch referenced a
> generic makefile in lynx2-6/WWW/Library/unix/Makefile that said "Use this
> as a template" and placed the modified version in
> lynx2-6/WWW/Library/umaxv-m88k/Makefile.  The targets are called umaxv and
> umaxv-slang.  Does that seem to conform to what you were thinking of?  The
> only other mods were an ifdef block in tcp.h and the targets and their
> descriptions in the top level Makefile.

I just got 2-6update to compile and running on umaxv.
I did try to come up with a name. I like 'umaxv-m88k' most. gcc would
call it m88k-encore-sysv3.

I like to see lynx2-6u1 or lynx-2.6.1 or whatever to differentiate the
last full release 2.6 and this.

Thanks for getting my patch too quick into the source tree.

Thanh Ma
address@hidden
;
;