Re: LYNX-DEV Update code and patches "RFC" :)

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Update code and patches "RFC" :)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 21:51:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

:     o) Once Hiram gets an update together, Subir could clear the slate
:on his "unofficial" patch list, and then start from #1 again.  New
:patches sent in should be made `diff -c' against the _updated_ code set.
:Any patches left over from the last round, like the present #7 and #11
:(lucky numbers!), could be moved to a new category like `patches needing
:more exercise', and perhaps named rather than numbered.  They could also
:be moved to the beginning of the list, e.g. #1 and #2, if they were re-
:worked against the updated code set.

As I remarked to Hiram earlier, I'm the wrong person to be keeping patches
since I cannot undderstand what they do most of the time.  I've learnt my
lesson.  I think someone a little more knowledgeable should be keeping
track of the patches till Rob gets ready to make daily builds.  I guess a
number of people are willing to fill that role.  I can just link to a
generic "Patches for 2.6.X" page maintained by someone else.

address@hidden * PGP * Blue-Ribbon * Lynx 2.6 * address@hidden
You're being followed.  Cut out the hanky-panky for a few days.

;
;