Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 08:04:52 -0400 (EDT)

  From: address@hidden (JOHNLIM)

                                                             ... how do I
  properly download a patch from the archives ? I have to use 'p' since the
  archives return HTML code...

Here's the trick: Don't use p)rint to capture the file.  Instead,
back up so that the page you want is the current link, and
d)ownload it.  This does not render the html.  You can find a
link to the page via the <BACKSPACE> command to view the history
file, or make a bookmark, if the page is one you went to via g)o
and not by following a link.  Downloading patches, even 'though
they are text, is necessary to avoid tab-to-space conversions
that break the patching process.

Al Gilman
http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ
;