Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005

From: JOHNLIM
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 96 13:53:00 +0800

Rob Partington - Admin <address@hidden> wrote:

 R(> Hopefully I can integrate the multi-bookmarks patch today.
How 'bout the patch which shows the page while it's being downloaded ?

Since you're gonna try Fil's multibookmarks patch, can you also have a look
at why the his patch doesn't use the "standard" screen output routines ?

With standard vanilla Lynx 'make linux-slang', Lynx has a default black on
white status bar. If the user activates any of the MB functions which
output text to screen (for example the prompts asking the user which
subbookmark to load/add), it comes out in white on black. Same thing
applies when using your RP-color patch... nothing major, just a cosmetic
bug. :^)

 >  R(> You can correct this by inserting the line
 >  R(> #define getyx(a,y,x) (y=SLsmg_get_row(),x=SLsmg_get_column())
 >  R(> just under the sl_suspend function in LYCurses.c
 > Was it affected because of your patch ? Could you then update _your_
 > patch ? Easier for others :)
 R(> afaict it's a problem of the later versions of slang.  The version I
Nope, since if I use the same slang version (0.99-34) with your RP-color
but *without* Hiram's LYCurses.h update, all works fine...

 R(> have at home works fine afaict.  But if it is a combination of my patch
 R(> and Hiram's, well, I apologise.  :-)  My patch will be updated later
 R(> today.
Great ! Hopefully according to what Foteos has said about it... :)

---
 John Lim Eng Hooi [CoSysOp, Cyber City BBS +603-7587400] * ClubWin M'sia
 Email address@hidden Web [http://www.cyberhq.net.my/johnlim]
 [ I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere! ]
;
;