LYNX-DEV Re: is lynxrp.zip working /slang and color choices

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: is lynxrp.zip working /slang and color choices
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 13:38:14 +0900 (JST)

> > sunos4.1.3/ncurses-1.9.9e/gcc-2.7.2
[...]
> Are you using GNU make?  If not, that might be the problem.

No, I'm still using Sun's (wherever they ripped it off from).  If it is
dependent on what `make' you are using, then I couldn't recommend such
syntax in the Makefile because it will narrow the prospective user base.

> Well, my mods aren't compiled in unless specifically requested, also my
> makefile mods give you the option of <type>-slang (plain slang colour) or

If the `<type>-slang' works (It didn't with your previous ncurses-only
patch applied.) then what you are doing is indeed the optimum situation.
(The test will have to wait until this weekend; lost too much time on the
make problem last weekend.)

> > slang-linked lynx, what file(s) would I need to look at?  Or would I have
[...]
> HTML.c (for the markup, start_element and end_element)
> GridText.c (for the visual representation on the screen)
> LYUtils.c (if you're doing anything with links on the screen)
> LYCurses.c (probably to do initialisation things)

This is another *GEM* from lynx-dev; thanks.  It'll be slow going, but it's
well worth it.  And, I know lynx will be around if and when I come through.

SO, all you folks who have been unsatisfied with only getting six color
choices with slang, and want all eight that have been `promised', send your
requests to me <address@hidden> as to what color (#0-7) should
be associated with what class/type of html tag.  Refer to the lynx-dev
archive for details:
        http://129.237.17.75/lynx-dev/9608/0121.html and
        http://129.237.17.75/lynx-dev/9608/0142.html.
AND don't let me stop someone else from trying, because the chance of
my succeeding is probably pretty slim.  __Henry
;
;