Re: LYNX-DEV Long lines in HTML source, images without ALT

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Long lines in HTML source, images without ALT
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 18:44:57 +0900 (JST)

> > most! (or something comparably sophistocated 8-)
>
> Ok, I've seen you mention it more than once, so I'm finally gonna ask: IS
                               ^^^^
Most of the time:
        ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/most/most4.6.tar.gz
and be sure to have slang around before building most:
        ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang/slang0.99-3?.tar.gz.

Both of these are by John Davis, and they are FANTASTIC.  Just to *bug*
Fote, I used to load 1MB+ files into lynx and then complain about how slow
lynx was reading it in, and how even more slow (like 10-20 minutes!) lynx
was in clearing memory.  Same file to read into most, 2 seconds at the
*most*; to clear memory, that's microseconds!  Most will uncompress files,
but does it by reading the first few bytes of the file, not by looking
at the extension .gz or whatever.  Yes, it reads both text and binary
without being told what to expect.  What can I say, GET MOST NOW.

__Henry
;
;