Re: LYNX-DEV gzipped, mbox-style lynx-dev archives now available

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV gzipped, mbox-style lynx-dev archives now available
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 00:34:07 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> The lynx-dev archives from February 1996 are available for reading
> at pubLynx (telnet 163.51.110.11; login `lynx').  From the home page
> hit link [5], link [1], link [5], link [1], and then hit return on
> the month of your choice.  If you're lost with the numbers, go to the
> English help page, then the archive page, and then the local archives.
> The viewer is `most', ie, you do not view them directly through lynx.
>
> These archives have been stripped of most headers and a lot of other
> repetitive garbage, and are on the average 40% smaller than the raw
> mail.  Some of the really `stupid' posts have been deleted.  They are
> the posts appended in the order received, but they are not true mboxes.
> They are gzipped (the only way they'll fit on my huge 150Mb disk).

I did pay a visit.  Nice colours I get for linux!

Unfortunately, "Instantaneous loading and viewing!" isn't exactly
true with round-trip-times of 3 seconds for each keypress. :)

One thing I noticed is that the K)eymap key didn't work.  I don't know
whether that is a general "feature" of restricted Lynx accounts, but
it probably shouldn't be.

  Klaus

;
;