Re: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 10:05:21 +0000 (GMT)

Subir Grewal wrote:

> Ok,
>
> So we seem to have the following resources available for the distribution
> and collection of binaries:
>
> Subir Grewal <address@hidden>
> 5MB of ftp space at ftp://ftp.crl.com/users/su/subir/ and an offer to
> serve as co-ordinator for the distribution effort.
>
> David Drum <address@hidden>
> Offer to provide space for the binary distribution effort.
>
> Duncan Hill <address@hidden>
> Offer to provide space for the binary distribution effort.
>
> Jason Baker <address@hidden>
> Binaries for DG/UX 4.11 (Motorola and Intel)
>
> Christopher Maden <address@hidden>
> Binaries for Solaris2
>
> Michael Richardson <address@hidden>
> Binaires and possibly space
>
> Hiram Lester <address@hidden>
> HP-Ux 9.* and Linux? binaries

Rob Partington <address@hidden>
Urm, lots of space...  ;-)  My personal machine has about 150M free space
currently, our webserver has about 3G free, and I can get more space if I
need it...  That's what lynx.browser.org was for...  ;-)

> Which seems like a good start.  I can contribute an Ultrix binary for sure
> and possibly for VAX/VMS and Digital Unix.  I plan to have two different
> "categories" for binary distribution.  Binaries of stable release versions
> which will be archived at all sites taking part in the "Lynx Binary
> Distribution Initiative" (since LEPI is gone, I need a weird ancronym
> don't I :~) and binaries of developmental code which individuals may
> choose to make available.  The latter will not be mirrored, only a link
> will be maintained to the contributor's own site.

Lynx Initiative for BInary Distribution and Openness?

--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
;