Re: LYNX-DEV History disappears - how do I get a list of ALL past URLs

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV History disappears - how do I get a list of ALL past URLs
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 15:38:35 GMT

[Hiram Lester]

> IF someone were to implement better history handling, what
> suggestions would you have for the default key for going forward
> through the history list?  Make sure it's not already mapped as a
> default (there are still plenty of the shifted numbers and a few
> other keys that aren't mapped yet...).

Record my vote for the right arrow.  It is mapped right now, to
ACTIVATE, but so is <return>.  I don't think it would be difficult to
adapt to the new behavior of <return> to activate a link, and right
arrow to go forward.  The Novice and Intermediate footer text would
need to be changed:

from

-- press space for next page --
  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move. Right to follow a link; Left to go back.
 H)elp O)ptions P)rint G)o M)ain screen Q)uit /=search [delete]=history list

-- press space for next page --
  Keys: Up, Down move; <ret> follows a link; Left is back, Right is forward
 H)elp O)ptions P)rint G)o M)ain screen Q)uit /=search [delete]=history list

and from

-- press space for more, use arrow keys to move, '?' for help, 'q' to quit.

-- press space for more, use arrows, <ret> to move, '?' for help, 'q' to quit.

-Chris
--
<!NOTATION SGML.Geek PUBLIC "-//GCA//NOTATION SGML Geek//EN">
<!ENTITY crism PUBLIC "-//EBT//NONSGML Christopher R. Maden//EN" SYSTEM